Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Been awhile...

Sorry for my absence, I've been suuuuppper busy with school lately and it's only getting worse since the end of the semester is right around the corner.  Let me fill you in about what's been going on in my life.  Last Wednesday I gave my first Discovery Science Lesson to my 5th grade class at Natcher.  I worked so hard on my lesson plan and got everything together and prepared the night before.  The day I did my lesson, I got to Natcher earlier than usual so I could get all of the science materials inside the classroom before the students arrived.  I gave a student interview that morning to a Kindergartener and then a pre-test over matter to my 5th graders for an upcoming lesson that I will teach next Wednesday. Anyways, I didn't start my Discovery Science until later in the afternoon.  My lesson last a little over an hour and it was AWESOME!  I was a little nervous when I first began my lesson, but as the lesson preceded it automatically flowed and before I knew it the students were having discussions in their groups while building their solar stills.  I couldn't believe how well everything was going!! The students LOVED getting to experiment and kept saying how much fun they were having.  My classroom teacher, Mrs. Butler, even told me how well my lesson was and that she was going to use my quiz as actual grades in her grade book!  I had so much fun giving the lesson to my students!  I feel much more confident in myself after completing the discovery science lesson!  The next day, Thursday, my boyfriend and I drove to Nashville to meet up with my dad and brother to go to a Predators Hockey game! My parents share season tickets with another couple so we always have really great seats!!! We sat 3 rows from the glass and the Predators ended up winning 5 to 1! They played the Buffalo Sabers and beat them bad!  The game was so much fun and it was great getting to spend some time with the 3 men in my life! I feel so blessed to have each of them.  They each separately hold a special place in my heart and I will always love them.  Unfortunately, my mom was working late that night at the hospital so she didn't get to come :( but hopefully I will have some free time soon to go back to Nashville to see them all.  Also, I got a pedicure today! I know that's not exactly exciting, but I'm pumped about it haha it's been awhile since I've had the time and the money to be able to do that. Ohhhh also :) I've been going golfing lately and I'm getting pretty decent. I shot a 53 on 9 holes yesterday! Par is 36 so my score is not great, but it's improved from last time when I shot a 57! I'm getting better and that's all that matters :) Check out some pics below!
Words of Wisdom:  Try, Try, Try, and never give up.  The road to success may be bumpy and difficult, but the guilt will never go away if you don't give it a shot.

                                                                              



 

No comments:

Post a Comment